delta faucet adaptor

Old 09-09-15, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
delta faucet adaptor

I have a modern Delta sink faucet....it doesnt appear to have a way to connect a garden hose
so I can run a wort chiller..but I do have a sprayer on the side...Since I never use the sprayer
could I connect a hose to that??? or should I do an adaptor if Delta will accept one??

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-15, 08:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
I would assume that you would need an adaptor. Some faucets take a make aerator, some female. And there are several different sizes and dimensions. I don't think that any adaptor will accept a garden hose tho, why can't you hook the hose to the outside spigot and run it to your chiller line?

Old 09-10-15, 06:30 AM
Group Moderator
Received 184 Votes on 171 Posts
Just ask at your local home brew store or search online retailers. They are very common. Here is one on the Northern Brewer website. You can also check the plumbing dept of your local home center (Lowes, Home Depot, Menards ...) or plumbing supplier. Adapters are often used with portable dishwashers.

Since you're in Cali where water might be scarce you can get a small fountain pump to feed your chiller. Drop the pump into a bucket and put a few inches of water in the bottom and add ice. Put the return hose from your chiller into the bucket and it will recirculate so you're not dumping water down the drain for 15 minutes. Then when you're done chilling the water in the bucket can be poured back into your old tupperware containers, put in the freezer to make ice cubes for your next batch.

Old 09-10-15, 05:28 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Hi, If your faucet has an aerator it will accept an adapter. I bought mine at home Depot about 15 years ago it has an assortment of threads on one end that will fit most any aerator set up. The other end is threaded for a hose. I use mine to connect my pressure gauge to a faucet to check water pressure.
good Luck Woodbutcher

Old 09-11-15, 02:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
Another idea is to look into portable dishwasher hook ups. I believe they hook to the areator on one side with a quick connect and step up to a standard hose connection on the other. They have a built in return drain line that you will not need, but the may get you where you need to be.