Toto Toilet Seat Removal

Old 09-11-15, 03:36 PM
Toto Toilet Seat Removal

Trying to remove seat on fully skirted Toto Aquia. It uses a nut/rubber bushing that inserts into the bowl from the top and then a 2-1/2" 6mm stainless machine screw tightens the seat down. The first screw came out fine, but the nut on the second one is spinning. I think the problem is that the fat part of the bushing has separated from the nut section. I think this because on the first one the nut section was just hanging by a thread of rubber. Does anyone know a trick for getting this apart without pulling the toilet?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-15, 03:44 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Can you pry the top section up while you spin the nut? Don't put too much pressure. on it. You don't want to crack the bowl. You need just enough so that the threads can catch, on the nut.

Old 09-11-15, 05:20 PM
Already tried that trick and jamming it side to side. My problem is that the rubber bushing has torn between the top section and the nut section. Toto didn't account for this failure when designing it. You need and arm with two wrists plus xray vision to grab the nut unless you pull the toilet.

Old 09-13-15, 02:51 PM
Ended up breaking the plastic on the old seat to remove it. Then wedged a screwdriver under the screw head to create a gap and cut the head off with a hacksaw blade. I have been a Toto fan, but would never buy one of their fully skirted models.