Toilet and drains gurgling!!

Old 01-24-16, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet and drains gurgling!!

About a month ago I noticed my commode in my downstairs bathroom gurgling and big air bubblies coming up. So I called to have my septic tank drained. The guy came and told me he couldn't find the septic tank and dug a couple of deep holes in my yard. He said he could be out there all day looking but he knew somebody that would bring a machine out and find the septic tank for $450. So after some hesitation and not understanding why he couldn't find it I told him to go ahead and bring the machine in. The next day they brought the machine and 8 hours later and a $1765. dollar invoice my septic tank was drained and a new distribution box was installed on the back and passed health inspection. Or so they said, and it worked perfectly for 5 days and then the same problem started all over again. What is going on? I was also told that the front distribution box (?) and the back distribution box were fine and the leech bed is working properly.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-16, 10:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I'm not a plumber, but I find it difficult to believe the contractor didn't visit the County offices to look at your plat before they just came and haphazardly dug holes in your yard Knowing the general area from the plat, it isn't difficult to locate the tank with a poke rod. What sort of machine did they bring with them to locate the tank? Highly suspect, at best.

I doubt in 5 days you have filled up the tank from a pristine installation, but in the event you have, it could be a venting problem rather than a tank problem. Do you have a lot of trees around your house? Squirrels will deposit nuts and things in the vent pipes thinking they are storing them, but actually are causing an air clog. I would have that checked out first. It should have been checked before the back hoe was brought in, IMO.