Utility sink not completely emptying

Old 02-18-16, 11:05 AM
Utility sink not completely emptying

I have a utility sink in the basement that is not completely emptying. Any liquids put in leave a puddle about a half-inch deep toward the drain. So the sink is grading correctly (I think that's what I mean), but the drain itself has a slight lip. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-16, 11:37 AM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Many sinks leave a small bit of water behind due to the thickness of the drain fitting. There usually isn't much you can about it.

Maybe you can post a picture of what you have there. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 02-18-16, 11:51 AM
Gotcha. That's a bummer, because old water that has been used to clean things has a tendency to smell if the liquid has a chance to linger for awhile. I'll try to post a picture later. Or i suppose a small amount of self leveling concrete? Being careful to avoid getting any down the drain?

Old 02-18-16, 12:55 PM
Temporarily Suspended
I would skip the concrete in the sink idea.

Old 02-18-16, 02:12 PM
Are these plastic or Fiberglass sinks? If so they have a tendency to cup or bow in the middle at the drain area after years of use. Just to make sure, it's not water rising from the trap, is it? Just have to learn to wipe residue water down the drain after each use.