Dishwasher Drain Routing Around Corner

Old 02-22-16, 10:12 AM
Dishwasher Drain Routing Around Corner

I have a small U-shaped kitchen and had to put the dishwasher around the corner from the sink, which is on the small end of the U. I have a 48" long corner cabinet to go through before I can tie the drain line into the disposal. I am trying to figure out the best way to run the drain line. I see 3 options:

1) Run the drain line below the cabinets along the floor. Then come up through the bottom of the sink cabinet and make a high loop before hooking to disposal. There is room under the cabinets to do this and it would be the easiest and cleanest option if it would work. I'm worried about water sitting in the pipe as it runs along the floor, but wouldn't this happen in all cases?
2) Drill a hole HIGH in the corner cabinet beside the dishwasher and run the drain tight to the countertop. When I come into the sink cabinet, would I don't think I would need a high loop? Or would running tight along the countertop count as my high loop?
3) Drill hole in middle of cabinet and run drain line under middle cabinet. Then high loop in sink cabinet.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-16, 10:41 AM
3) Drill hole in middle of cabinet and run drain line under middle cabinet. Then high loop in sink cabinet.
Yes, this is the proper way. However, the holes will not be in the middle, just the hose.
So if the DW is on the right leg:

- Drill hole into the left cabinet side just above the bottom shelf (deck)
- Drill hole into sink base cabinet just above deck
- Route the hose through the cabinets and secure to the back of the cabinets just below the middle shelf or lazy susan.

The only place there should be a high loop is inside the sink base cabinet.

Old 02-23-16, 08:28 AM
Dishwasher smell

Fairly new dishwasher that's smells bad with just a handful of rinsed off dishes sitting it in for a couple of hours. We do not have sink air vent but drain line is looped under sink. What could be causing this terrible smell?

Old 02-23-16, 10:09 AM
Welcome.

To start with the basics, did you knock out the plug on the disposer before connecting the DW drain line and is there any visible water in the bottom of the dishwasher?
Water trapped in the hose is about as nasty as it gets.

Old 02-23-16, 11:12 AM
Dishwasher and disposer work fine ,its just this smell after dishes are in it for a little while. When there are no dishes in it, it never smells.

Old 02-23-16, 11:27 AM
Dishwasher and disposer work fine, its just this rotten smell after some dishes are left in after a little while. When there are no dishes in dishwasher it never smells.