Antique Drain grid removal?


Old 03-07-16, 11:23 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Antique Drain grid removal?

I have a leak between the floor and the tub. (Water leaks out from under the tub) However to check this I have to remove this top bit first. I don't see a way to do that.

This doesn't have the T crossers down below so I am not sure if it unscrews or not. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? (This is in a vintage building 100 years old, and im not sure when the tub was installed)

The second photo was in case the spigot gave anyone an indication of the era or type of drain it might be.

Any advice greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-16, 05:21 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 20,802
Received 192 Votes on 178 Posts
I would try prying with a screwdriver under the outer edge. Usually there is a screw in the center and you've got the hole but no screw so the plate may just be stuck or corroded in place.
Old 03-08-16, 10:30 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I was afraid of doing that. I will try though. There is no thing in the center that it could have been screwed too. it is empty underneath the grill

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title: