InSinkerator Quick Lock Mounting--compatible with Kenmore?

Old 03-09-16, 07:36 AM
InSinkerator Quick Lock Mounting--compatible with Kenmore?

We are getting new counters with a new Elkay sink with a "perfect drain" system that is designed to be used with the InSinkerator Quick Lock Mounting flange. Does anyone know if this mounting system will only work with InSinkerator or might a Kenmore disposal work with it?

But then we're wondering if the Kenmores are made by InSinkerator and it won't make any difference.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-16, 07:52 AM
Upvotes Received: 40
If says it will work with it then go ahead and try it. If not then return it.

Old 03-09-16, 08:18 AM
So you're saying read the instructions for a Kenmore disposal to see if it says "compatible with InSinkerator Quick Lock Mounting flange"? Why would they bother to say that? The whole point of my post was to see if someone has done it and knows for sure.

Old 03-09-16, 08:25 AM
Okay, never mind y'all. I went to Amazon and read reviews for the Quick Lock flange and customers say it works with just about any kind of disposal.

Old 03-09-16, 08:00 PM
The Kenmore disposer will fit the ISE Flange.

Not "any kind of disposer" will fit the ISE flange, just a few. Brands that won't fit are GE, Waste King, Titan, and there are several other off brands sold by the club stores.

Old 03-10-16, 11:25 AM
Thanks, I was trying to find out about Waste King. Was going to try one if it would work with the flange. Guess I'm stuck with Kenmore or ISE.

We don't even use our disposal except in very rare cases--just for the little bits that slip down the drain. But would rather have a good one than a bad one.

Old 03-10-16, 12:22 PM
An ISE Badger 5 will more than suffice. I'm not sure, but I assume Kenmore is made by ISE. They have the exact same dimensions and if you stripped off any paint you couldn't tell them apart.

Personally I think that's a very nice sink and an ISE evolution series should go in. The evolution is more expensive but it's quiet, has a stainless steel interior, and you will only do this once.

Old 03-10-16, 01:06 PM
What do you think of a reviewer on Lowes.com who said that had he known the plumbing for putting in an Evolution was so much more difficult that he wished he had stuck with the Badger.

And I also got a tip that if you order the Badger 5XT from Lowes, it's the exact same thing but $20 less for being online ordering only.

Old 03-10-16, 01:13 PM
Okay, here's a new question: so I'm selling myself on the Evolution Spacesaver now. But when I look at the diagram, it shows it has a "quiet collar sink baffle." Go here: Shop InSinkErator Evolution Spacesaver 5/8-HP Noise Insulated Garbage Disposal at Lowes.com and then click on "demo".

If the Elkay sink needs a "quick lock flange" will this "quiet collar" work? I'll email Elkay to ask just to make sure...

Old 03-10-16, 10:50 PM
needs a "quick lock flange" will this "quiet collar" work?
Yes, it will work with your sink. The evolution uses the same flange design as any ISE, but is polished stainless for appearance and has 2 baffles, the "collar" and another quiet baffle that inserts from the top after installation.