Old American Standard Toilet

Old 03-09-16, 02:02 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Old American Standard Toilet

This is a wall mount bowl with tank and old enough to be a 3.5 gallon flush. The flush valve is a distinctively Am Std part, nothing like the rubber flappers used today. Is there any reason that I can't pull the tank and replace the overflow/flush seat with a Korky or Fluidmaster? The fill valve has been replaced with a Fluidmaster.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-16, 02:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
The only thing different is that it is a rear exit instead of a floor exit. I do work at a local hotel and it has around30 wall mounts. I have not noticed anything strange about those flush valves that can't be replaced. Is it the kink that is like a big tube on a rocker with a disc on the bottom? They make replacement parts for those, I have found them at hardware stores, not box stores.

Old 03-09-16, 04:50 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Thanks. I can't even figure how to remove the flush valve. It has things that look like counter weights. I think the overflow/seat is copper. Modern parts would make this a lot more serviceable in the future. I guess the only obstacle might be the diameter of the flush valve.

Old 03-09-16, 06:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
I think you may have to pull the old and take it with you to be sure that what you were buying would fit.