Installed faucet leaks under sink when turned on.

Old 04-16-16, 06:31 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installed faucet leaks under sink when turned on.

My girlfriend went shopping today and brought home a faucet. It's WaterRidge FP4A4006Ca model. Got it installed, but when it is turned on it leaks pretty bad under the sink. No leaks at all when it's off. The rubber washer with the cutouts for the pipes is installed. The faucet is used, and there was no instructions in the box. The way I have it set up is the plastic piece on the sink top, followed by the rubber washer, and then the metal cover. Any idea what I'm missing?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-16, 06:40 PM
Group Moderator
Received 904 Votes on 844 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I would have posted a picture of your faucet but the model number doesn't seem to work.

The plastic piece between the faucet and the sink keeps water from running underneath the faucet. If there is no visible water on the sink then you may have a defective faucet.

Old 04-16-16, 07:48 PM
C
Thanks. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I've found the problem. I pulled the faucet, then with it hooked to a water supply, and slowly turned it on to look for the leak. It's coming from threaded pipe that connects the faucet to the pull down sprayer.

It was leaking where the rod threaded into the main assembly. I unscrewed the rod, and there is no teflon, putty or anything. It was just threaded in. O-ring looks to be good, so I'm hoping some tape will cure it.

Old 04-16-16, 10:24 PM
All the best faucets have push-in fittings for connecting the pull out wand to the faucet.
Your hose is threaded on and should have a flat washer. The connection needs to be more than hand tight. Hand tighten plus 1/4 turn and check for leaks, no tape and no dope.

Use two small wrenches, you don't want to twist the copper that goes up into the faucet body while tightening the hose connection.

Old 04-17-16, 04:59 AM
C
The wand connects to the pipe via a push fitting, but the pipe threads into the valve assembly. That's where the leak it coming from, and the threads are bare.

Old 04-17-16, 06:22 AM
OK. That's something that was assembled at the factory and shouldn't leak.

Use tape like you were doing. If the tape will interfere with or wrap over a O-ring, use Teflon paste instead.

Old 04-17-16, 07:23 AM
C
I put tape on it and it still leaked. On closer inspection, I found that the pipe has a crack running down it, and needs to be replaced. Trying to source one now.