Why won't a Delta diverter divert?

Old 04-20-16, 09:42 AM
H
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Why won't a Delta diverter divert?

This is an old Delta single handle kitchen faucet with separate spray hose. The old diverter had a brass body as opposed the nylon on later models. I still have a handful of RP320 diverter valves, which are now discontinued. I installed one of these and it did not work. Little water comes out the spray hose. I talked to Delta and they sent me the newer RP63136 diverter, which looks identical to the discontinued model. It doesn't work either. I have installed 50 of these and never encountered any problem before. Any ideas out there. With no diverter valve, half the water comes out the spray head and the other half out the spigot when the sprayer button is pushed.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-16, 01:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Is it a Delta sprayhead? Asking, because a mismatch could be problematic. Have you taken the spray unit apart to see if there is any foreign debris in it?

Old 04-20-16, 02:32 PM
H
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Don't know if it is a Delta spray head, but probably is. I get good water flow thru the spray head, but the diverter doesn't shut off the spigot, so I don't get full flow with the sprayer.