moen 6610 bathroom faucet no water flow

Old 05-30-16, 05:34 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
moen 6610 bathroom faucet no water flow

I just installed new moen 1224 cartridges in my moen faucet. Still have no water flow( aerator was removed). when I remove both cartridges and turn on water shutoff valves I get water flowing up thru the cartridge well! could I have a blockage in the spout?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-16, 05:54 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 631 Votes on 583 Posts
Did water flow from the faucet before you changed the cartridge? My first thought would be that the cartridge was installed wrong or that it's not the right cartridge.

Old 05-30-16, 06:42 AM
J
This is very seldom used 2nd floor bathroom. About a year ago I noticed less than optimum flow thru the faucet. Several weeks ago I tried the faucet... no flow at all. I contacted Moen to discuss the problem. They sent me new cartridges at no charge. I have 6 other Moen 6610 faucets in my house so after I had no luck with the new cartridges . I took another handle assembly apart to see if I had installed incorrectly.
I believe I installed the cartridges correctly.

Old 05-30-16, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 52 Posts
remove the aerator and clean it.. May be clogged with debris...

Old 05-30-16, 12:18 PM
J
I removed the aerator. Still no water flow

Old 05-30-16, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
Turn water off at valves under sink. Remove both cartridges. Turn on each valve one at a time to see is water comes out where the carts were. Have a towel handy.. Only turn valve a little to see if water flows..

This will rule out the faucet body...

Let us know...

Old 05-31-16, 02:55 AM
J
I did what you suggest. water does flow up thru the cartridge wells. How does that rule out a blockage or restriction into the spout?

Old 05-31-16, 04:48 AM
P
Group Moderator
That test shows that water is getting up into the faucet body. It rules out a shutoff valve or supply line problem. It narrows the problem down the the cartridges or a clog somewhere in the faucet.

Since you've already removed the aerator screen that takes out the most likely cause. A blockage in the spout is highly unlikely but is possible. I'm still thinking it's something with the cartridges.

Old 05-31-16, 01:40 PM
J
Cartridges are brand new! Spoke with Moen again this am. They think I have some type of blockage after the cartridge. Moen has shipped me a new Faucet assembly... without charge!!

Moen customer service is refreshing after dealing with Comcast and most other customer service groups.

I am tired and frustrated with this entire fiasco. I am going to have a professional plumber remove and replace the faucet assembly. LOOKING FOR A PROFESSIONAL PLUMBER IN JACKSONVILLE BEACH FL AREA!!!!

Old 05-31-16, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator
LOOKING FOR A PROFESSIONAL PLUMBER IN JACKSONVILLE BEACH FL AREA!!!!
Ill come down if you pay my gas and put me up for a month.. Heck I need a vacation...!!!

Just joking of course.. as no solicitation is allowed here on the forums... Darn...

Old 05-31-16, 03:41 PM
P
Group Moderator
Replacing the faucet is rather easy. Sometimes replacing is easier than fussing with repairs. So, if you decide to install the new one yourself we're here to help.