Ktichen Sink Faucet - Hot Water Leaks When Off

Old 08-13-16, 04:13 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ktichen Sink Faucet - Hot Water Leaks When Off

I have a relatively new kitchen faucet that has a dedicated hot and cold water tap. I determined that it was the hot water that caused the leak, by turning off each valve in turn to see which side was causing the leak (the hot water side leaks, and the cold water side is good).

I took the hot water handle off easily, unscrewed the screw that showed, and I see that there's a white cartridge. Now, I believe that I need to simply pull out the cartridge and find a replacement. However, it won't budge, and I'm concerned that pulling it even more will cause damage. Do I simply need to pull very hard? Or, do I need to go under the sink - maybe the cartridge is somehow screwed from the bottom? Is that extremely unconventional, or is that fairly possible?

The instruction manual says nothing about how the cartridge is installed in the manual. I believe it must have come pre-assembled (?), but I don't remember.

This is the exact one I purchased in the link and pic below.

https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Plumb-15.../dp/B00FO5EEDK

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-16, 05:17 PM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I think your faucet is similar to this glacier bay model: http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdf...c04d6bf353.pdf

As you can see from the diagram in the link, once you have removed the handle, you have to unscrew the bonnet nut and bonnet to remove the stem. Before you replace the stem, you may just want to make sure the bonnet nut is tight. The screw you removed just holds the temperature limit adjuster in place.

The replacement stem is Aqua Plumb C1742H. I think you may be able to find a compatible replacement under the glacier bay line.

Old 08-13-16, 05:54 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks - I think you got it! I tried what you said (the easier fix), by first un-tightening the bonnet nut to check on the cartridge. The 2-part cartridge had the bottom part turned the other way (180 degrees) for some reason - I believe it could be because the bonnet nut wasn't secured tight enough.

So, I turned the bottom of the cartridge the other way, tightened the bonnet nut securely, and the hot water tap no longer causes a leak. And, of course, after testing the water flow, I put the screw back on. Everything seems to work just fine. Will just need to water-seal the base, since the wrench moved it.

Thanks again!

Old 08-13-16, 07:00 PM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Glad to hear Thanks for the update!