Delta kitchen faucet problem

Old 08-29-16, 10:06 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Delta kitchen faucet problem

I have a delta, single handle kitchen faucet and I screwed something up. I thought I had the water all the way off but when I removed the large nut there was enough pressure to spit all, or most of the parts out.

With the ball out of the cavity there are 4 holes, two on the sides for the springs at 3:00 O'Clock and 9:00 O'Clock and two others at 6:00 and 12:00

I've got 2 springs and 2 rubber retainers for them.

I've got one "closed cap" rubber piece, and the ball.

I got the water shut off and reassembled everything. In addition to the two springs which go in the "side" holes I put the rubber cap in the hole closest to me, 6:00 O'clock. However the water won't shut all the way off, it still drips.

Is there supposed to be another rubber cap? Or if there's only 1 does it go into the other hole?

The house is about 10 years old and I can't find a model number for the kitchen faucet in the paperwork I got from the builder/former owner.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Stewie G

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-16, 10:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
That's a Delta 400 series faucet..... delta/kitchen/faucets.html

Some good videos on you tube. This one has good video and the guy is very descriptive.
you tube/watch?v=ua2P-oRVIxs

Old 08-30-16, 04:19 AM
S
Thanks pjmax. I had watched that video. I've still got a problem about the rubber going into the hole at the 6 o'clock position. I thought I had it in wrong but maybe I just did something wrong when I installed the repair kit.

Might just listen to Mrs. Stewie and replace it with a more up to date unit.

Last edited by stewieG; 08-30-16 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-30-16, 12:00 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
There should only be two rubber seals and springs and those go into the 3 and 9 oclock positions.

Old 08-30-16, 03:30 PM
S
Yep, got that. What about the hole at the 6:00 o'clock? There was a small rubber plug, kind of conical shape. Kind of like the red and blue cap over the set screw, except it's black rubber?

Maybe I've got the springs and rubber seals installed incorrectly, or the sold me the wrong kit??

Old 08-30-16, 04:20 PM
You might need to post a picture, here's a link:

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

All these parts are pretty easy to install and there should be no leaks. Clean all parts with a lime remover if needed.
Delta will send you free parts for life and I would recommend contacting them. On more than one occasion they have sent me a new faucet for free if problem couldn't be resolved. A free faucet is not standard procedure, but they might offer it if you feel the faucet can't be repaired.