Identify shower faucet

Old 09-20-16, 07:27 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Identify shower faucet

Hi...we are trying to fix a leak but have been struggling to remove the shower handle. It seems to be stuck. Can anyone help identify the model/brand? if anyone knows how to remove this please help. We have tried numerous times and it seems to be stuck.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-16, 09:01 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,109 Votes on 1,029 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I found that type of shower control in several places but no brand name.

Found a similar control on a Wiki page. It looks like the little cap in the center of the knob should be removed, the screw under the cap removed and then the handle comes off. The handle may also be stuck on requiring a shower knob removal tool. Mfg. name and model may be under that front triangular shaped knob.

wiki media.org/wiki/File:American_Water_Tap.jpg
Name:  American_Water_Tap.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  26.7 KB

Old 09-21-16, 06:13 AM
Received 8 Votes on 6 Posts
i HAD one of those... it is guaranteed and if u have issues, Delta (can't find/remember the model that i had) will send you a kit to replace the center assembly. I have hard well water, and after replacing it about every year or so for 3-4 years, I installed a different shower unit. Like PJMax said, pry that center cap off and there's a screw under there.

Old 09-21-16, 07:27 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks maarkr.
We tried to take that handle off by removing the screw, unfortunately its still stuck.
Is there any tool you used to remove it? And is the model on the inside of the cap? I tried looking for it on the Delta site and can't seem to find it.

Thank you!