Replace bathtub jets

Old 10-30-16, 12:02 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replace bathtub jets

I have an older jetted tub with brass. The brass looks very gross, and I need to replace it. I cannot figure out how to get these jets out. Any ideas?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  12.7 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-16, 12:17 PM
F
Received 35 Votes on 27 Posts
They probably have a big nut on the back side. Do you have access to the back side of the tub where the jets are located? If yes, can you get some pictures and post them?

Old 10-30-16, 12:46 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't have access to the back of the tub, but there are jets on both sides. From the side that I can see the only thing that is attached to the jets are the pipes in pic below. The tub is probably from the 80's and it's an Almico, which I can't find any info on.Name:  IMG_1467.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  15.6 KB

Old 10-30-16, 07:34 PM
F
Received 35 Votes on 27 Posts
I don't know what to tell you. It could be the jets are glued in and absolutely not replaceable or they may be screwed in tightly. Try to unscrew the bezel (the large brass part) by exerting pressure like you would in removing the lid from a pickle jar. They WILL be tight so it will take a large amount of pressure.

If that doesn't work look very carefully at the outer diameter of the jet proper to see if it has a hexagon shape. If it does, a deep socket wrench may be able to remove the jet and then perhaps the bezel will be removable.

Others may have better ideas so keep checking back.

Old 10-31-16, 09:19 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 622 Votes on 575 Posts
If it's constructed like hot tub/spas the pretty bezel on the front should be removable. There is usually a separate ring underneath that holds the jet body in place and forms the watertight seal. Getting off the old bezel and jet can be difficult especially if they are gunked up with minerals and soap scum.