Kitchen faucet won't work after pushing sprayer handle - Help!

Old 11-12-16, 11:52 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kitchen faucet won't work after pushing sprayer handle - Help!

I was asked to clean up my cousin's kitchen while she's in the hospital. I went to her house tonight to start the dishes. I had the water running in the sink for several minutes. Once I pressed the sprayer handle the faucet stopped running water and nothing came out of the sprayer. Now no water will run at all. I checked the cut off valves, took the top faucet off and checked all the connections to the faucet under the sink. Everything looks okay but I'm still getting no running water out of the faucet or the sprayer. I can feel water the in the lines running to the hot and cold but nothing is coming out. I don't know what to so to solve this. I have checked other faucets in the house, water is still working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-16, 03:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
A picture of faucet may help ( no close ups please) Many different type of faucets.

Old 11-13-16, 04:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! It could be the cousin has Flood Safe braided hoses, and the activation of the sprayer replicated a leak and the hose shut the water off. Pictures would help. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 11-13-16, 04:44 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 625 Votes on 578 Posts
It sounds like a problem with the diverter valve inside the faucet. Removing and cleaning it might get it working again or you may need to replace the diverter valve. Most big box home centers don't carry them so you might need to identify the faucet and contact the manufacturer. Many brands have a lifetime warranty and they'll send you the part for free.

Old 11-13-16, 06:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You didn't make it clear if you have a side sprayer or a pull-down sprayer, like a single hole faucet uses.
If it's a pull-down, check all the buttons on the back of the spray wand, push them all on and off.
Some spray wands have a pause button.

A longshot is that this faucet could be touch-activated and the batteries are dead, but I think you would have noticed the wires under the sink and the battery pack.

Old 11-13-16, 08:02 AM
Received 230 Votes on 205 Posts
I like Chandlers take on this. I would then look at PD's idea of a diverter valve being faulty then Brian's integrated faucet sprayer.