OUTDOOR shower....recommend a fixture??

Old 01-07-17, 12:13 PM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
OUTDOOR shower....recommend a fixture??

it's a tough thing to Google, as the results include plenty of INDOOR stuff. obviously I'd like something weather-resistant or easy to remove seasonally (I'm in Massachusetts), preferably with an added handheld and/or faucet for foot-rinsing. I'm finding really modern (like space-age) designs and really basic economy versions, but not much in between. Simple, high quality and well designed up to $300 or so would be nice.....

Old 01-07-17, 01:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
Have you googled "outdoor shower"? Saw one very nice one just a bit over your price range that hooks up to a hose. All of it free standing so easy to remove at the end of the year.

Old 01-07-17, 01:09 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
.... and if you did went with something more permanent you could install a cut off valve along with a drain valve/spigot to remove the water when cold weather comes.

Old 01-07-17, 02:47 PM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I want something quite a few steps up from something that connects to a hose; we're building a roughly 6' x 8' cedar enclosure with separate dressing area, and we want hot AND cold water. Googling "outdoor shower" (HERE) yields lots of those "connect to hose" units, as well as pre-fab enclosures, but not much in the way of fixtures, hence my searching "outdoor shower fixture", which yielded lots of indoor units.

Indoors, I'm partial to the Symmons line of mixing valves, but the outdoor unit is going on a shingled exterior wall. THIS ONE from Signature Hardware is kinda overkill, and doesn't really have that country, summer house vibe, but it basically hangs on the wall and connects to the pex we'll install in seconds....was hoping someone knew of a more classic looking one. At Signature they have some bare-bones economy units, like THIS, and then the space-age ones like above; not much in between.

Old 01-07-17, 03:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
We reconfigured a older Delta tub/shower valve for a client a few weeks ago. I ran 1/2" PEX from the basement with shut offs inside the building, along the joists of his deck, then across and down to the control valve. The reason for a tub/shower unit is the 4 way piping, allowing for a short piece of PEX and a quarter turn stop valve at the bottom. Turn the water off under the house at the end of the season, open the Delta valve half way and open the stop valve to drain both hot and cold water out. Unless you wanted to go fancy, I would find a mixing valve at a salvage or yard sale or thrift store for a few dollars.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: