Old delta shower valve - low pressure on hot side

Old 01-16-17, 11:08 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Old delta shower valve - low pressure on hot side

Well I'm hoping I'll get some help from before I'm here. I'm at my wits and with the shower valve. It was an old Delta single handle and I'll get some pictures of it up shortly but my guess is that it was made in the early 90s. Do you shoot that I'm having is that the pressure on the hot side is very low. Cold side is working perfectly good pressure. I have replaced the cartridge with a Delta cartridge versus the big box orange store cartridge. I have cleaned out the valve with CLR to try to remove any build up and I've replaced the seats and springs. When I turn on the water without the cartridge in it the cold side shoot across the shower and the warm side arks down straight to the floor of the shower. So that tells me that the problem is before the cartridge. When I look at the front of the valve I see to check stops and from what I know they are supposed to turn and turn off the water to the valve but I can't get them to turn. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-17, 11:12 AM
T
Image of valve

Link to an image oft he valve. https://postimg.org/image/6zaf6c6nd/

Old 01-16-17, 02:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Turn the two screws on the sides of the valve to where they point sideways. At present they are almost turned off. Do you have them off in order to remove the ball? Put it all back together and turn the screws. The large screw determines the amount of hot water, so you may want to turn it 90 degrees clock wise then back to its original position. THere could be crud in there that needs dislodging.

Old 01-16-17, 05:13 PM
T
Chandler, thanks so much for your reply. I have the water shut off at the main in those two screws on either side of the valve are where they've always been. Maybe they are on the way they are and 90 and they're off? Additionally, no matter what I try am on able to turn the nut on the spool head. Any tricks for taking the spool out or even turn it 90 to dislodge any gunk ?

Thanks again for your reply and hope to get this solved !!!

Old 01-17-17, 03:14 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Water will flow in the direction of the screw head slot. I would try turning them, reassembling the unit and trying it before moving to the anti scald part. Let us know what happens.