Leaking spray nozzle on kitchen sink

Old 01-17-17, 03:58 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leaking spray nozzle on kitchen sink

So about a week ago we discovered that the spray nozzle/hose on our kitchen sink was leaking and would spray water everywhere if we tilted it a certain way.

I've will attach a video below, but I was wondering if there is anyway I could fix this myself. Thanks for the help!

https://youtu.be/iSY9myXJM_U

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-17, 04:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Do you see a crack in the housing? It is possible that you may just have to buy a new head and screw it on. Make sure the O ring is intact by removing the head. Again, it may be as simple as replacing the O ring.

Old 01-17-17, 04:12 PM
Group Moderator
Received 675 Votes on 624 Posts
Arbor Spot resist stainless one-handle high arc pulldown kitchen faucet -- 7594ESRS -- Moen

See step 5 in the video above... disassembly is the reverse of what is shown (at about 4:55 in the video).

My guess would be the rubber o-ring is worn and needs to get replaced. But you could take it apart, clean it and the wand with limeaway or similar, then reassemble with a lititle vegetable oil as a lubricant. Maybe you will get lucky and it's just a chunk of gunk on the o-ring.

Otherwise, find your model (I'm guessing it is a Moen faucet) and look on their website for parts and service.

Old 01-17-17, 04:20 PM
In addition, Moen and Price Pfister among others offer lifetime warranties, so checking with them first will help keep the cost down. I had a client with a 20 year old PPf faucet with pull out sprayer on the arm which had developed a leak around the strainer. My only solution was to replace the entire faucet. She called PPf and they no longer carried the part...........SO they replaced the entire faucet at no cost and an apology. What??

Old 01-17-17, 06:32 PM
I'm pretty sure XSleeper is right, this is a Moen faucet.

Your hose has failed. Hose #150259. I'm not sure if this is covered under warranty, but Moen can usually be talked into sending even non-covered parts free of charge.

The spray wand can be unscrewed from the round nut directly above it. It should only be hand tight plus 1/8 turn.

The joint above the nut, the one leaking, is a crimped joint from the factory and has failed.

Old 01-24-17, 11:29 AM
P
Good to know. One thing I am trying to figure out is the model number, but I can't seem to find anything on the faucet itself. My now wife bought it about three years ago and three away all the info so I am not sure what to do.

Old 01-24-17, 05:56 PM
I believe the model number has been determined, X posted it above.
The model number is not important if all you need is a hose.

As a guy that spends half my time staring up at sinks, I think you need Hose #150259.

If you want to be sure post a picture of the underside of the faucet, showing connections. That tells all we need to know.

Here's a link to posting pictures, don't bother trying to orientate the pic:

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 01-25-17, 07:23 PM
P
Ok..here's the underneath the sink pictures

Old 01-25-17, 08:54 PM
It's a Moen.
You can do a search for Hose #150259.

To replace the hose:
-Place towels and a pan under sink. Shut off water.
-Remove the hose from the underside of faucet:
Squeeze together the 2 small white tabs and push them in so that the large white button will pop out. (be sure to push it back in after hose is released)

Name:  tQBx4I0m.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  28.5 KB

-with the hose loose you can remove the weight and pull it up through the spout from above

To install new hose, push the large button back in.
Attach the spray wand and feed the hose down through the spout.
Insert hose end into quick connect until it clicks. Gently tug on hose to be sure it's locked.
Reattach the weight at the taped mark on the hose.

Name:  quickconnect.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  48.7 KB

Old 02-05-17, 03:12 PM
P
Just wanted to provide an update and thank everybody for their help. So Moen ended up mailing out a replacement hose for no cost. I don't know if that standard operating procedure for other companies, but they've earned a customer for life as a result of the great support.

As to the actual installation, it was a breeze and took something like five minutes. So once again I really appreciate everyone's help with this!

Old 02-05-17, 03:43 PM
Glad it worked out so well. That is how they KEEP their customer base. You go build a home or swap out things in your present home, you will most likely splecify Moen. Price Pfister and Delta does the same thing.