outdoor faucet replacemnet


Old 01-21-17, 08:11 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
outdoor faucet replacemnet

we have a slow drip from our outside faucet - no one seems to carry the part around here and haven't found on the net. Can anyone tell me where to get this part? Or if there is a viable replacement.
I've attached net pics that are identical to what we have. The only diff is our valve has a female connector to the outside pipe

The screw that holds the rubber washer at the end of the valve is corroded and stuck on so we can't just replace the rubber washer

Any help appreciated


Last edited by Shadeladie; 01-21-17 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Link removed. Links to other forums not allowed.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-17, 09:01 AM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,079
Received 67 Votes on 61 Posts
Your local hardware store should be able to help you, but, being in New York, I would replace the complete spigot with a non-freeze one, rather than repair that one. If you don't the space for a non-freeze type, you need a ball valve in the line, inside where it won't freeze, and a tee where you can drain the line to the spigot in the fall.
Old 01-21-17, 10:04 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
thanks for the reply - but neither our local plumbing place
or Homedepot carries that part....I've even looked online
Old 01-21-17, 04:29 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,965
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Replace the faucet with an upgrade that won't freeze, unless, of course you leave a hose connected to it Homewerks Worldwide 3/4 in. x 12 in. Brass Anti-Siphon Frost Free Sillcock Valve with Push-Fit Connections-P140-8-34x12 - The Home Depot
This is what Pedro was talking about.

Failing that, locate that exact faucet, cannibalize it for the part you need.
Old 01-22-17, 06:24 AM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,828
Received 97 Votes on 76 Posts
I agree with aka pedro's suggestion regarding ball valves. When we bought our current house I replaced the typical sillcock with the frost tree type. They both failed within a couple of years. I replaced them with a simple inexpensive sillcock and a ball valve inside the basement. They have been problem free for 20 years.

If you slant the pipe slightly towards the sillcock you don't have to be concerned about adding a drain.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: