outdoor faucet replacemnet

Old 01-21-17, 08:11 AM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
outdoor faucet replacemnet

we have a slow drip from our outside faucet - no one seems to carry the part around here and haven't found on the net. Can anyone tell me where to get this part? Or if there is a viable replacement.
I've attached net pics that are identical to what we have. The only diff is our valve has a female connector to the outside pipe

The screw that holds the rubber washer at the end of the valve is corroded and stuck on so we can't just replace the rubber washer

Any help appreciated

http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/p.../pbodfr02a.jpg

Last edited by Shadeladie; 01-21-17 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Link removed. Links to other forums not allowed.
Old 01-21-17, 09:01 AM
A
Received 73 Upvotes on 66 Posts
Your local hardware store should be able to help you, but, being in New York, I would replace the complete spigot with a non-freeze one, rather than repair that one. If you don't the space for a non-freeze type, you need a ball valve in the line, inside where it won't freeze, and a tee where you can drain the line to the spigot in the fall.

Old 01-21-17, 10:04 AM
V
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thanks for the reply - but neither our local plumbing place
or Homedepot carries that part....I've even looked online

Old 01-21-17, 04:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Replace the faucet with an upgrade that won't freeze, unless, of course you leave a hose connected to it Homewerks Worldwide 3/4 in. x 12 in. Brass Anti-Siphon Frost Free Sillcock Valve with Push-Fit Connections-P140-8-34x12 - The Home Depot
This is what Pedro was talking about.

Failing that, locate that exact faucet, cannibalize it for the part you need.

Old 01-22-17, 06:24 AM
C
Received 350 Upvotes on 293 Posts
I agree with aka pedro's suggestion regarding ball valves. When we bought our current house I replaced the typical sillcock with the frost tree type. They both failed within a couple of years. I replaced them with a simple inexpensive sillcock and a ball valve inside the basement. They have been problem free for 20 years.

If you slant the pipe slightly towards the sillcock you don't have to be concerned about adding a drain.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: