Outdoor faucet is broken, need help to replace.

Old 01-30-17, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Outdoor faucet is broken, need help to replace.

Hello guys and gals,

I broke my outdoor faucet, and i am trying to find a way to replace this. Initially i thought that the best way would be to completely replace the whole faucet, but looking closer it appears that i might be able to replace just the broken part of the faucet? This is where i am not sure if this is possible and need your help. See picture bellow for reference. Would it be possible to unscrew the part of the faucet i have marked with red arrow and replaced it with a new part? Or do i need to get the whole faucet replaced?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76575[/ATTACH]

Thank you for your help.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-17, 03:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 380 Votes on 357 Posts
That looks like a frost proof valve. The problem with replacing parts is that you need to find the same exact faucet right down to the length of the connecting tube.

Most of the home improvement stores change their brands and styles constantly.

Old 01-30-17, 04:10 PM
Received 62 Votes on 57 Posts
First, you will have to find a valve inside to shut the water off to that line. Then yes, you would remove the nut that you have pointed out. Then you will need to grab the stem with whatever works, maybe a pair of needle nose pliers, and unthread it. As Pjmax said, it looks like a frost free spigot, so the stem will probably be in the vicinity of 12-18" long. The real problem, sometimes, can be identifying the manufacturer so that you can get the right replacement. Look at the other side of the spigot to see if there is a name cast in it, but I'm thinking the it might be "V" something "M" something based on the casting I can see, although that isn't ringing a bell for me right now.

Old 01-30-17, 05:45 PM
I had taken another picture from the other side of the faucet. And what i can tell it has a number SE 1019-A

And letters written UPC. On the other site its just one large letter "M" written.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76590[/ATTACH]

Attached Images  
Old 01-30-17, 05:52 PM
Group Moderator
Received 380 Votes on 357 Posts
How about on the handle itself ?

It looks like the SE-1019A stands for (ASSE-1019A) the built in vacuum breaker which is that cap on the top.

ASSE-1019A - Vacuum Breaker serving a wall hydrant. The wall hydrant shall be freeze resistant, self draining, and have integral backflow protection.

A big M could mean Mansfield.
It could also be Merrill.

On edit:
I found it. It looks like a MUELLER 104-513 ANTI-SIPHON FROST FREE SILLCOCK.
This is a 6" long model. There are probably different lengths.

Name:  valve.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  44.8 KB

Hmmmm..... not quite the same. You may still have a Mueller but a different model.

Last edited by PJmax; 01-30-17 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-30-17, 06:44 PM
Thank you Pjmax, for finding the Manufacturer, that is definitely it! My next step is to measure and see what the length is and based on that buy the right model, then to replace the stem and the handle and keep everything else the way it is. My goal is not to have to do the full faucet install unless necessary.

The one i have, it has the same handle as on the picture, just got to find the correct length.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76593[/ATTACH]

Thank you.

Attached Images