Toilet valve and flapper replacement recommendations?

Old 02-26-17, 01:01 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet valve and flapper replacement recommendations?

I've tried many different types of toilet tank fill valves and flappers but I don't like replacing the types that don't work and then buying another type. If anybody has recommendations for toilet tank fill valves and/or flappers that you have tried and tested and that work great and last a long time, I would really appreciate your advice.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-17, 01:08 PM
H
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
I'm only a semi-pro, but have done a few hundred. I trust you are talking toilets that use universal parts. I like Fluidmaster fill valves. Occasionally you get a bad one, but at the cost and ease of replacement, it's my choice. I think overall I have had slightly better luck with Korky flush valves. Don't like Sioux Chief at all.

Old 02-26-17, 01:31 PM
Received 231 Votes on 206 Posts
You shouldn't be having that much trouble. Need more info a what kind of trouble you're having.

I do agree that Fluidmaster is the most popular and the easiest to work with.

Old 02-27-17, 07:56 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks, I have been using Fluidmaster. I think the problem is the pipes in this particular house are very old and crud gets into the water flowing through the valve and gradually slows it down and the renters don't let me know until it's a big problem. I'll stick with Fluidmaster. Thanks for the input.

Old 03-01-17, 07:44 AM
O
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
You can just clean it out. Youtube cleaning a fill valve. If I recall correctly, you turn off the water. You push down on the top of the fill valve and turn it counterclockwise, like you would a child proof medicine bottle. Then put a cup or something over the top. Turn on the water. It will shoot up into the cup and everywhere else if you don't have something blocking. This blows out the crud. Put the top back on and you may be good to go. No removing it, no getting all the water out of the tank. Quite easy if I recall...once you get the top off.