Noise when I turn on faucet

Old 03-31-17, 05:57 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Noise when I turn on faucet

I just had a local plumber install a Delta 300 series faucet. It works perfectly fine, I do trust the guy based on past business experience with him.

I have noticed that when I turn on the faucet after, say, 30 minutes or so of it not being used, then I will hear a slight clunk when I turn it on. If I turn it off and then back on again, there is no sound, until I leave the faucet, and then a while later, come back to it. It is not a grinding noise, just a low sounding clunk that lasts for a split second.

This is not a problem if it isn't a harbinger of any malfunction, but because we didn't have this noise with our previous faucet, I'm wondering.

Does this sound ring a bell with any of you here (pun intended)?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-17, 06:33 AM
V
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Is that in a 2nd floor bathroom ?

Sounds to my amateur ear like there's air suspended in your incoming water supply, and if you wait a few minutes between uses, that's enough time for the bubbles to rise and accumulate in the faucet head . . . . so that there's a delay between the time that accumulated air is vacated through the faucet and when actual water is being dispensed. Does that make sense ?

Old 03-31-17, 06:38 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No, this is all ground floor. Yes, your explanation makes sense.

If all it is is air pressure, then that sounds safe enough.

This is something I can live with--I just wanted to know if this was something that needed to be fixed or not.