EASY way to change from 1 to 2 sink vanity?

Old 03-31-17, 11:54 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
EASY way to change from 1 to 2 sink vanity?

Wanting to toss my old single-sink bathroom vanity top and replace with a nice used dual sink top. Here is pic of current plumbing (currently not completely hooked up).
Name:  Under Sink.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  25.9 KB

I am thinking to just buy splitters for drain as well as supply lines (see pics) Name:  1-4 Turn Dual Outlet.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  20.8 KB
Name:  Tee.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  8.0 KB

I would of course need to resize pvc as necessary. Youtube vids show people using blowtorches, welders, cutting holes all over tarnation, etc. But it seems pretty simple to me. Am I oversimplifying or missing something? Is it OK for them to share one P-Trap? One sink will be near plumbing fixtures below, other will be to the side. Thanks!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-17, 02:02 PM
Received 231 Votes on 206 Posts
Each sink should have it's own trap, but both traps empty into the same drain stub. It's not like a double kitchen sink that share one trap. I may be wrong. The experts will be here shortly.

Old 03-31-17, 02:28 PM
Group Moderator
Received 676 Votes on 625 Posts
Im not the expert, but imo the proper way to do it is to open the wall up behind the vanity (remove drywall) and put in a double sanitary tee inside the wall. (Its like a 4 way fitting) Drill through studs as needed and stub out directly behind your proposed sink locations.