New toilet installation with PEX?

Old 04-02-17, 05:15 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New toilet installation with PEX?

I had a pumber come to install a water line for a new toilet. After drywalling and painting, I now have a 12" blue PEX tube sticking out of the wall. I know i need a right angle PEX quarter turn shut off and a supply line to reach the saniflo toilet tank. Is there something else I am missing to make this look more professional?

I found this picture online that seems to match my situation.Name:  IMG_0601_zps6ec74580.jpg
Views: 8732
Size:  37.0 KB

Another question.. my saniflow toilet wilbe on top of flooring which is on cement, how should I attach the toilet to the floor for stability?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-17, 05:29 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Cut the pex shorter so when the valve is within a " of the wall and use an escutcheon.
I now have a 12" blue PEX tube sticking out of the wall.
Looks like no more than 2" to me.
how should I attach the toilet to the floor for stability?
You don't. You fasten the floor flange to the floor and the toilet to the floor flange. The plumber should have already installed a flange and fastened it to the floor. If not use Tapcon screws to fasten the flange. Be sure to use a tapcon drill bit that matches your screw. You will need a hammer drill to drill the holes for the Tapcon screws. I'd recommend at lest a half inch hammer drill.

Last edited by ray2047; 04-02-17 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-02-17, 05:36 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 319 Votes on 283 Posts
how should I attach the toilet to the floor for stability?
Does your commode rock back and forth? does it set squarely on the floor or are there gaps? You might need to push grout in the gap to make the commode set level.

Old 04-02-17, 04:49 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
"use an escustian." I keep seeing this word, does anyone know the proper spelling? Even google shows 0 results for that word but I know.. Im not sure how it is actually pronounced to try different variations to get any search results.
**EDIT** found it.. "Escutcheon" thanks! I found a deep one that would hide some spare pex.

Also, the toilet is a macerating model since it is below septic. So there is no flange? A tapcon would be a one time use kind of thing, wouldnt it? If the toilet ever needed to be removed or replaced, that would cause issues, right?

Old 04-02-17, 05:44 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
The PEX should be cut down before the valve is installed.
Even with an escutcheon there may be a tiny bit of blue visible.

You can use Tapcons but I think I'd consider using lead shields and stainless steel lag bolts.

Old 04-02-17, 06:37 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Dang, Google didn't flag my misspelling of escutcheon because what I wrote was a part of the ear. Got to say I was a bit surprised when spell check didn't flag it because I usually misspell it.

Old 04-02-17, 06:41 PM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
You can get chrome (or other finish) trim sleeves that slide over the pex stuf so that you don't see any of the blue color, and then you can use an escutcheon to dress the hole through the wall.

Example:

F5600500 - Uponor (Wirsbo) F5600500 - Chrome Finishing Sleeve for 1/2" PEX (11/16" O.D.)