Replaced Delta Diverter w/ Genuine Part = Still Leaking

Old 04-05-17, 02:18 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replaced Delta Diverter w/ Genuine Part = Still Leaking

I have a Delta push-button shower diverter. Some months ago, I cheaped out and bought the third party replacement diverter at HD in an effort to stop the stream of water that was coming out of the diverter stem back into the tub.. It was a pretty significant stream of water that wasn't making it up to and out the shower head thereby decreasing the water pressure.

Unfortunately, it still leaked. After some research and reading, I learned that replacing the diverter with a genuine Delta part is the only way to go, I bought one and installed it. However, it didn't fix the problem. I still get a stream of water shooting out around the stem.

Prior to all of this happening, there was no leak at all around the diverter stem and the pressure at the shower head - like, really good. I live about 500 yds. from the water distribution center in my city so I have outstanding water pressure. Before the current situation presented itself, I had the kind of pressure at the shower head that would pin you against the back wall of the shower! Now, I'm losing so much water around the diverter flap that it's about half the pressure it used to be.

Since replacing the diverter didn't fix the problem, what else can I do to eliminate the leak?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-17, 04:00 AM
Received 230 Votes on 205 Posts
Two things. First, Delta will replace or send parts for any faucet under lifetime warranty. Second, DANCO (third party mfg) does make quality parts. I've used them in the past and they do work. From your narrative I think you installed it wrong. Call Delta and explain the problem. They will most likely send you a new a part or possibly a new unit. Send a pic to us if possible show both close up and overall view.