please help identify tub/shower faucet

Old 04-08-17, 11:59 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
please help identify tub/shower faucet

My shower faucet does not turn off, and I think I need to replace the cartridge. There is no identifying branding on any of the parts. American Standard, Grohe, Porcher, and Jado have all said it is not theirs. Can someone identify the manufacturer from these pics? I'd rather not cut into the wall to replace the whole thing. Thank you so much for checking this out!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-17, 12:46 PM
J
Received 75 Votes on 70 Posts
Are you in the US? No location in your profile to help narrow it down.
It's going to be a pain but I would shut off the main, remove the cartridge and take it to a real plumbing supply so they can look it up.

Old 04-08-17, 01:37 PM
C
Have you looked on the insides/backsides of all the parts and/or tried soaking all the parts in distilled white vinegar overnight then scrubbing them with and old toothbrush? Sometimes there's engraved text that got filled in with gunk and ends up invisible.

Old 04-08-17, 02:13 PM
I
I am in the US - California.

I took as much as I could apart and couldn't find any engraving or model numbers or anything. I can't figure out how to completely remove the cartridge. There may be a lock washer of some sort, but I'm worried I need a different tool.

Thank you all for your help!

Old 04-08-17, 02:53 PM
I can't identify it. You might want to take the pictures to a Ferguson plumbing supply store.
They might know the brand and they will sell to the public.

Old 04-08-17, 03:01 PM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Count the points (ridges) on the broach...the splined end of the cartridge shaft. I can almost do it from the picture but not quite. That can help identify.

The chrome outer sleeve likely unscrews from the shower valve and then you should be able to remove the cartridge....being able to see that will help too.

Old 04-10-17, 08:41 PM
I
I had to break the surrounding tile to get to the cartridge. The part showing turns out to be an extender to a Tempress II cartridge. Thanks everyone for your help.