Leak in kitchen faucet

Old 04-19-17, 12:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leak in kitchen faucet

Afternoon everyone, I am currently experiencing a leak in our kitchen faucet. Anytime the handle is bumped or moved with normal pressure there is water leaking from the arrow location in the attached picture.

Name:  faucet_arrow.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  16.5 KB

Before I try to track do parts for a Glacier Bay faucet any thoughts on how easy it should be too fix? Or should I just replace it with a similar faucet?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-17, 12:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
See if tightening the bell shaped housing helps in anyway. It is threaded and screws on like any other threaded item.

Old 04-19-17, 12:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 184 Votes on 171 Posts
It is easy to fix with most faucets. Glacier Bay is low end brand and I've found their product support to be lacking so the hardest part may be finding any parts you might need. Home Depot would be a good place to check. Often though all it needs is tightening so you might get lucky and not need any parts and worse case it will cost a few dollars for the part. But, if you've been looking for an excuse to upgrade the faucet this could be it.

Start by removing the lever/arm. You'll need to stick an Allen wrench in the hole and loosen the set screw. Then the handle should lift off. The nut you'll need to tighten has two notches in the top. If you don't have the special tool a flat blade screw driver will usually do the trick.

Old 04-19-17, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone, I will check to see if tightening will work out, if not looks like we might need to get a new faucet!