Unknown Shower Valve, Please Help Identify

Old 04-21-17, 03:03 PM
Unknown Shower Valve, Please Help Identify

A tenant had a handyman over to replace a shower facet and the handyman left with the job unfinished. I think he basically put the new facet escutcheon plate on but left the old guts inside. The shower actually works fine when you move the valve up/down or side to side but I just need to find some handle to put on there.

The piece of metal on the end seems to have a screw hole coming out the front and possibly a hex hole in the bottom. The piece of metal comes out of a ball. The metal piece doesn't twist in place but it will move up/down and side to side to control water speed and temp.

I could really use help trying to identify what type of handle i should use to put on this thing or some handle replacement kit? I've got no experience with this stuff but am hoping to avoid replacing the insides of the faucet.

Here is a pic
Attachment 79866

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-17, 03:11 PM
I should also mention that it's possible the metal end piece was placed on there by the handyman because it looks newer than the metal it's on. If anyone needs more pics i can get them.

Old 04-21-17, 03:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It's called getting what you pay for. Nothing for nothing, really. It appears to be a Delta unit. I am not sure what that cute little handle went to, but it definitely doesn't go there. This should fit, although you may have to use one of the adapters that come with it. Let us know how that fares. Delta Clear Knob Replacement Handle with Chrome Arrow Button for Tub and Shower Faucets-RP17451 - The Home Depot

Old 04-21-17, 04:02 PM
Thanks I'll check that out. I would have thought it wouldn't be that type since that type twists the handle in place I thought, and this thing really doesn't twist in place exactly, but the metal piece coming out of the ball will move up/down and from side to side.

Old 04-21-17, 04:04 PM
Delta makes two types. The right-cold to left-hot rotating handle, and this one that works in a triangle shape, down-off, up-right-cold, and up-left-hot.

Old 05-02-17, 01:07 PM
Thanks chandler. When i took off the metal end piece it was just a metal rod sticking out of the ball and i was finally able to find the type on the net. It's a Delta #70 style ball. The handle you recommended might have worked but it didn't say what style ball it will work with so I went with this instead which explicitly says it works with a #70 ball and it works perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/Danco-88453-F...ds=Danco+88453

Old 05-02-17, 04:05 PM
That is exactly what you need. Great job getting it done.