Review or Opinion, "Pull Stop Box"

Old 04-28-17, 06:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Review or Opinion, "Pull Stop Box"

This is a potentially awesome little device, and I am looking for a bit o' input.
I am trying to find any input what so ever regarding using these devices in a residential building.
I am leaning towards installing them in our bathrooms, as they offer a cleaner look, i.e., "no more nasty escutcheons!"
The biggest negative I see at this point is that it is a relatively new device. I am loathe to install something that hasn't been around for ten years, because what do I do if the device needs to have a valve replaced, but the pull stop box fad has gone away and I can't find the hardware I need? I already have this problem in my shower, which is one BIG reason that I am replacing all things shower replated in my remodel effort.

If anyone has had any experience, good OR bad, I would love to read it! ANd no, these are not going to be purchased today. If I like what I read here, I will be getting them Monday at the absolute earliest.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help! Have an awesome weekend!

Tim

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-17, 07:23 AM
Group Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Been away from the business to long. I'd never herd of them. I will say they look nice.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  19.9 KB

Looks like you can't easily retrofit because you have to open the wall. If you're going to the bare studs it might be a good option if when they fail you don't have to open the wall to replace them.

Old 04-29-17, 05:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Curious as to how you will install these in a shower? If they come as Ray's picture denotes, I trust NOTHING plastic to disconnect water. I've never seen these, either, so it would be interesting.

Old 04-29-17, 07:47 PM
Chandler,

Yeah...I'm an idgit. I am remodeling the bathroom, and I am having to start with the shower...so the the shower was on my mind.

Old 04-29-17, 07:52 PM
Ray,

I am already ripping everything out of the bathroom, so yeah...I'm already down to the studs in the shower. Only things we are keeping are the toilet, shower rod, and a window!

Tim

Old 04-30-17, 02:44 AM
Group Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
So not for shower but for sink and toilet? Final opinion is I don't like things that can't be easily replaced if they fail. Opening the wall for me is easy but patching the wall isn't.

Old 04-30-17, 08:10 AM
IT was a typo--I am currently demoing the shower, so the shower was on my mind! Have no intention of using this for the shower or sinks, I am only considering it for the toilet--where the water shut off is readily visible.

Tim

Old 04-30-17, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Personally, I like the semi-industrial look of a nicely finished 1/4 turn valve. You can get them in almost any finish (chrome, brass, stainless, satin nickle, bronze, etc) and multiple styles.

Old 05-01-17, 06:52 AM
THIS is why I come to a forum such as this! At the two major DIY stores here in town, I have seen ONLY the silver/chrome hardware. Since We are doing this project in various shades of tan/beige, I think that some bronze hardware would fit in very nicely, and I never would have known about it!

Very, VERY much appreciated!

Tim