Danco Next Perfect Seal toilet ring help.

Old 06-04-17, 07:02 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Danco Next Perfect Seal toilet ring help.

I've installed the Danco Next Perfect Seal on two other toilets and didn't have any real issues. I'm installing a third one and I just can't get the toilet to sit properly.

I have removed both the blue adapter and the black insert and have tried pulling it and seating it at least three times with no luck.

I have balanced myself over it (155 lbs.) and it just won't seal. I can see close to a 1/4" gap between the toilet and floor. It rocks both front to back and side to side. I tried tightening the toilet down but I reached a point where I felt if I went any further I'd risk damaging the toilet bowl (in fact, when I removed the washers, I noticed they're slightly bent, so not good).

The flange sits at least 1/4" above the floor and that's why I didn't use the blue adapter (as the instructions noted). I also removed the black insert because in the other bathroom (with the same new toilet), I seated better without that extra black plastic piece.

Any ideas why this one isn't seating/sitting properly?

Thanks,

Andy

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-17, 08:49 AM
Received 14 Votes on 12 Posts
Can the flange be bolted or screwed down into the subfloor any to reduce its height?

This case, a simple wax ring may be in order as you can compress those all the way to nothing.

If you place the toilet on the flange with NO Wax or Any Other Seal just to test, does it seat fully to the floor?

Old 06-04-17, 09:17 AM
H
czizzi,

I wish I had thought of doing that now, but given the same toilet worked with this seal (and it too had an above floor flange), I thought I'd be good to go. I think I will take up the Danco seal (and basically ruin it, since the wax is already spread out), just to verify if the toilet sites flush on the flange itself.

I don't think I'd want to take a chance trying to lower the flange. I'm not even sure how I'd do that. I can do some things myself, but if I mess that up, that's probably a little expensive to repair.

If the toilet does sit flush with the Danco seal removed, I'm going to give the Sani Seal product a try.

Old 06-04-17, 10:49 AM
I've personally never used one of these new fangled sealing rings. I have always gone with a combination of regular wax rings with and without neoprene rings to get the job done.

If there is any bounce or movement in the flange, it needs to be solid to the floor. Should have some kind of anchoring device (screws) that hold it tight to the subfloor.

Old 06-04-17, 10:49 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 625 Votes on 578 Posts
I tried a half dozen of the green Sani Seals in my rental houses. All were gone in two years. They all developed leaks and when removed they were squished and no longer sprung back to shape.

Old 06-04-17, 12:38 PM
H
crizzi, you were spot on. I removed the Danco seal and set the toilet. It is now flush to the floor. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pilot Dane, I just got through reading reviews on the Sani Seal and your experinece matches up with what 10% of the people on Amazon said.... it's junk.

I guess for this one I have to use the good old fashioned wax ring. I've never used these. Any tips on how to set the toilet with a stanard wax ring?

Old 06-04-17, 03:10 PM
Buy a thick one with neoprene ring and new bolts, they come as a kit.

Then buy a second set of bolts separately.

Wax ring at room temperature around 70 degrees (i.e. don't leave it in the car overnight if it will be cold).

Mount one set of bolts with metal washer and nut tightly to the flange.

Center wax ring over hole and in line with the center of the bolts.

Straddle the toilet, watch the toilet bolt hole to align the bolts with the holes. gently set the toilet down. It should hit the wax ring FIRST and float off the floor a little. Then slowly apply your body weight to squish the wax ring down into place. When the toilet hits the floor stop! No further movement of the toilet. Take the second set of metal washers and tighten the toilet down to snug. Rap it with he palm of your hand to check for solid bolt down (throw the second bolts away you only need the washer and nut). If it wobbles, add shims.

Old 06-09-17, 07:09 PM
H
I had already bought a thick wax ring from Lowes that had a "plastic cone" attached to it (I guess to help guide it in?). By the way, did I mention this is a one-piece toilet that weighs 104 lbs. and I'm 50+ and 155 lbs? lol Let's just say I'm lucky I didn't bust a n*t.

What I ended up doing was putting the wax ring on the toilet and man-handling it where it needed to go. I was not easy but I've had it in place and using it for two days. I started off first just putting a bit of water in the tank and flushing it. It initially wouldn't flush and I thought I had somehow created a "vacuum" so I filled it up a bit more and flushed again. Water still would barely drain. Took a plunger and hit it several times (not too hard though) and some of the water drained, but not all of it. I decided to fill the whole tank and flush and viola, it finally flushed and has worked ever since. I guess it needs a full tank to create enough pressure.

Thanks for the advice and help. I'm going to use it for a week before laying down a bead of caulk (but I'm still going to leave the back side opened to detect leaks.

Old 06-17-17, 11:03 AM
O
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I tried the Danco perfect seal and had the same problem you had. See my post.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/to...ng-toilet.html

When I gave the product a very, very close analysis I observed that in the right circumstance, where your flange is level with the floor, this product would probably work quite well. If you flange sits on top of your floor or the top of the flange is more then about 1/8" above the floor, your toilet WILL NEVER sit. It just will not work. The product is complete junk.

My advice, if you do not know the exact nature of your flange and probably even if you do, use a wax ring and give the hardware stores time to eventually discontinue stocking that Danco product.