KohlerSterling shower doors with CleanCoat

Old 06-14-17, 01:44 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
KohlerSterling shower doors with CleanCoat

I installed KohlerSterling shower doors (from HomeDepot) which were said to have CleanCoat protection with minimal cleaning required and instructions not to use harsh chemicals as it would remove the CleanCoat. However, my doors have become quite covered in lime deposits. Obviously that CleanCoat is not working well.

I called the company on it and the person giving advice stated about the same thing as on the instructions with no suggestions on how to deal with the lime deposits. The person said you have to clean your shower when you get out. However, my usual practice is to do my cleaning before I take a shower. Doesn't do any good to take a shower and then have to clean the shower with squigies, etc.

So, any suggestion besides LimeAway which isn't working that well. Thanks.

Old 06-14-17, 03:33 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
The recommendation to clean when leaving the shower is so you squeege or wipe it down removing the water spots which will help prevent the mineral deposits. Just like your car if the spots are allowed to dry in place you get spots.

Any mild cleanser is going to take some work and time. I often just go for white vinegar and wiping/scrubbing with a soft rag.

A long term fix might be to install a water softener to reduce the spotting.

Old 06-14-17, 04:33 PM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
Agree 100% with Pilot Dane.
Have the water tested and have it treated for what's causing the issue.
This is effecting all the plumbing and water heater not just the shower doors.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: