Need help finding the right shower handle

Old 07-05-17, 03:07 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help finding the right shower handle

The house we moved into has a double shower, but only one has a handle on it. I'm looking for something to go on the other side of the shower, where the handle is missing. All I see is what is on the photo. I don't know if this is a cartridge, or valve, or other term ... Please advise. All I want to do is spend $20-50 for just the handle part and leave everything else intact (i.e. not bust into the wall and replace everything). BTW, there are NO markings for brand names anywhere on the handle, trim, or anywhere ...

Thanks.Name:  sh5.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  35.9 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-17, 04:42 PM
X
The broach needs to be matched to one of those sets you will see at a big box hardware store. If you can remove that cartridge only, then you can take it with you to the hardware store and use the broach set they have to match it and buy the handle you need. If the other side of the shower has the same hardware, then you could take that handle off and match it with the broach set also.

Old 07-06-17, 04:17 AM
Received 14 Votes on 12 Posts
Loosen those two screw, spin the trim plate until the screwheads line up with the larger slot and remove the trim plate. See if there are any markings behind it.

Old 07-07-17, 06:14 PM
S
no markings

Took the trim off, no markings on the other side. I'll try to post a pic of what i found. There is a glacier bay writing on the functioning side shower head, but i think it was added later.

Old 07-08-17, 07:00 AM
S
Here is what I found behind the cover I removed ....

Name:  sh_7.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  25.6 KB
Name:  sh_8.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  26.7 KB
Name:  sh_9.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  24.3 KB

Any idea on next step? Maybe just find a new trim kit ... but what would fit on this as it is?

Old 07-08-17, 07:24 AM
S
Rohl?

Name:  RMV1.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  14.2 KB
Could it be this one? Unfortunately, rather expenses trim kits from Rohl ($300+). I was looking for something in the $100 or less range ... Can I convert this to a better one (like a Moen)?

Old 07-08-17, 04:19 PM
Received 14 Votes on 12 Posts
Take the pics to a plumbing supply house and see what they say. It doesn't look familiar to me. Converting to moen or other would involve opening up the wall and changing the plumbing with a new rough in valve.