Jetted Tub Jets Not Working - Long Shot Question from Newbie...

Old 07-07-17, 05:16 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Jetted Tub Jets Not Working - Long Shot Question from Newbie...

I'm a total plumbing novice at age 70+, but I wanted to take a shot here at this:

We have a jetted tub (not sure of the brand... there are no visible markings). It's 27 years old. The jets worked fine till recently. Now nothing, though the sound of the motor can be heard when the wall switch is turned on.

A friend looked at the tub but couldn't locate a way to get at the motor. I called the prior owner and he verified there is no access to the motor unless someone removes the tub (it's a finished mater bath and there's a beautiful tile enclosure).

My friend suggested we just live without the jets (my wife is not delighted with that option) because the only alternative is replacing the tub and the surrounding granite or whatever it is. (He said he could make an opening and then "close the opening with a vent but that the result would not be very attractive).

Anyway, thought I'd take a shot here and see if anyone might have an alternative idea...

Thank you for any advice!

Alan

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-17, 09:55 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 619 Votes on 572 Posts
Can you tell by listening where the pump is located? If it is near a wall it may be easier to cut an access through the wall from the other side. If you'r lucky it's a closet. Sheetrock is very easy to repair or you may just want to install a decorative access panel in that other room.

Old 07-07-17, 03:30 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
G

Thanks, Dane, for responding!

The tub is in the corner of the bathroom and in the corner of our home. It abuts the exterior walls.

Beneath the tub, where my buddy says the motor is located, is a crawl space.

We're thinking of making a small hole in the wood above that crawl space and hoping we'd will then be able to see the motor.

Does that sound like a worthwhile approach?

Thanks again,

Alan