Plugged sink & too tired to think;-(

Old 07-18-17, 08:55 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Plugged sink & too tired to think;-(

Please forgive me if this "?" has been asked and answered far too many times already but I simply haven't the patience (or much "pep" to spare) to scroll through all the threads. I currently have two sinks in my kitchen that are not draining. The problem occurred at the end of a wash cycle; one sink (a "utility sink" in kitchen) is adjacent to my washing machine the second is the regular kitchen sink (double basin). I THINK the problem is between the utility sink and the normal sink but I am unable to use a plunger as the utility sink is curved in such a way that the plunger won't seat properly. Am I correct that the only course of action (:-/) is to remove the curved pipe (p-trap?) beneath this sink and try and push my old auger through? Mind you, my auger has been trashed by a neighbor and now only consists of the long "snake" part, no housing(?), no set-screw, no handle.., just the coiled snake in an old metal coffee can;-(

Last edited by LeurVoix; 07-18-17 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-18-17, 09:40 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

If both sinks are not draining then it's not a problem between them. A more likely problem location is between the Y and the fitting in the wall.

A picture of two of the drain lines would be helpful. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 07-18-17, 10:47 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Eeaschk!! I'm trying to send a pic, I swear!! But so you have a better clue where "I'm coming from" my friend, not only do I not know how to unclog this da%# sink, but I am also a "tech idiot". Only recently acquired a laptop and have yet to glean even a "shadow of a clue" how to use it. I am however, fairly good with an iphone (bwaaahahaha!! THAT may very well have been a very far reaching exaggeration!!) To be exact, I have the pic's on my iphone but can neither figure out how to use this site [on my phone] nor can I figure out how to get photo from phone to laptop. AND..., I am so tired that I'm simultaneously entertaining and frightening myself. :-p

Old 07-18-17, 11:48 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
The pics from an Iphone are too large to post directly. If they're in the phone... email them to yourself and post from the laptop.

Try taking smaller pics from the phone too.

Old 07-19-17, 04:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
First make sure the trap is not clogged, than go to the tailpipe that goes into wall. I have found many clogs right at bend going down.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: