Moen shower faucet stop tube problem

Old 08-08-17, 06:52 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Moen shower faucet stop tube problem

Recently we replaced our shower faucet in our master shower and ran into a problem. It hasn't been too big of an issue so we haven't fixed it right away but we are selling the house so we need to see what we can do to get it resolved.

Here's the story. Our shower had an old Moen Chateaux faucet installed and we replaced it with a new Moen Adler faucet. Model number 82604.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Moen-Adler-...lve/1000126717

The problem we are having is the stop tube that came with the new faucet is too big to fit on the mixer assembly that is installed in the shower. The only way to still use the faucet was to use the old faucet stop tube. It installed fine except for one thing. The faucet handle can rotate 360. It roughly bumps the stop tube but not enough to prevent it from turning any further. Therefore it is an area of contention for selling.

Basically, I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has a solution. I have not had the chance to call Moen yet but does anyone know if there is any kind of adjustable stop tube that would work with the smaller mixer and larger faucet? Or does anyone else have another option? (Other than putting in a new mixer. Not an option at this point.)

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-17, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 52 Posts
Did you replace the valve in the wall? or is this just trim you replaced?

On top of the stop tube there is two plastic scald protectors also. Were these installed?

The scald protectors are what stops the handle ...

Old 08-11-17, 02:08 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
We did not replace the valve in the wall. The shower is made up of cultured marble panels and we were not tearing those out. There were not 2 plastic pieces like this installed on the original stop tube when I took off the old handle. Because of where the valve holds the cartridge being too small in diameter for the new stop tube that came with new faucet, I couldn't install anything other than the plastic piece that screws in to the cartridge and holds the handle.