Shower head and faucet one unit problem

Old 08-13-17, 07:21 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shower head and faucet one unit problem

Hello all,

So, I have an issue with my new (to me) bathroom shower. The faucet and handle are all part of one unit, and it wastes a ton of water when I shower, I tried to replace the gaskets and it did nothing to fix what is an already ugly (both physically and mentally) situation. So I would like to replace it all with a modern shower set, however, behind the single unit there is no tile, it seems this was the original unit put in,probably in the 50's or 60's. I do not have the money to redo my tiles and adding in tiles would not match.
Is there anything I can do with this? My first thought was some sort of backboard that would cover the hole, but I cannot seem to find anything on the market...

The entire unit is 9" x 6"

Thank you for any advise and or ideas..

Bob inName:  IMG_20170813_101319105.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  16.8 KBName:  IMG_20170813_101319105.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  16.8 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-17, 07:42 AM
Received 14 Votes on 12 Posts
They make shower repair cover plates. However, your unit seems to be a diverter and tub spout all in one. Have never really seen anything like this before.

https://www.danco.com/product/single...ver-in-chrome/

Where is it wasting water? You could try spraying it down with some calcium remover like LimeAway or CLR. Clearing some of the deposits may make it function better while you save up for a more permanent solution.

Old 08-13-17, 07:53 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the response. When you pull the diverter approximately 60% of the water still sprays out of the faucet, it drizzles out of the shower. I will try some cleaning, but yeah, I definitely am hoping to come up with a more permanent solution. I would like to replace and update the entire setup.

Old 08-13-17, 08:00 AM
Received 14 Votes on 12 Posts
Concentrate your calcium remover on the inside of the tub spout. Spray some up there and work it with an old toothbrush. Us a handheld mirror and flashlight to be able to look inside there without being a contortionist.