Schluter floor pan for drain that Isn't centered

Old 08-17-17, 05:15 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Schluter floor pan for drain that Isn't centered

Planning on a full bathroom remodel of my master bath this fall. The plan is to tear out the 80s blue fiberglass shower stall (made by Aqua Glass) and build a new stall using Schluter products. My main issue is the drain on my current shower is located near the wall where the shower valve is located, similar to where a tub drain is located.

The pre-fab floor pans by Schluter seem to be all made with the drain in the center. I could go with a trough drain in this location, but can't seem to find any photos of a pre-fab Schluter linear drain floor pan. Is this something Schluter would have to custom make or do you just get a large piece of sloped Schluter floor pan and cut it and piece it in so it slopes towards the linear drain from both sides?

I can't move the current drain location without tearing up the floor or the kitchen ceiling below. Neither one is an acceptable option. I also don't want to do a mortar bed, rubber membrane or hot mop application, so in essence I'm looking for a simple solution and the Schluter system seems to be the best option if I can get the drain issue worked out.

Thanks for any suggestions or links to photos of a similar project.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-17, 05:26 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Did you ask Schluter sales if they have such a floor with an offset drain? E L Mustee could be an alternative to Schluter.

Old 08-17-17, 06:10 AM
S
Haven't got to that point yet. Figured I'd check here to see if somebody had first hand experience with a similar issue.

Old 08-17-17, 08:22 AM
Received 14 Votes on 12 Posts
Once the old shower is out, it is relatively easy to lift a piece of subfloor and move the drain to where it needs to be. Finding a match for your current location of the drain will take far more time and effort than placing the drain where it needs to be.

Old 08-23-17, 03:46 PM
S
Thanks, But Won't Work

czizzi,

Thanks for the reply, but that suggestion won't work. A center drain shower pan will fall directly onto a floor joist and I am not hacking out a section of the floor joist.

I'll probably just send the measurements to Schluter and see what they suggest.