Support rod for 2nd shower head fell off the wall, dont know how to fix

Old 09-18-17, 11:05 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Support rod for 2nd shower head fell off the wall, dont know how to fix

Hello - i have a dual headed shower head - one is a normal shower head but it also can be split to a separate hose that runs to a hand held shower head. There is a support rod that holds the 2nd shower head in place when not in use - the first picture attached shows my hand holding up the rod how it is supposed to be attached to the wall. However, there is a piece on the bottom that attaches to the wall that either rusted and fell off or just came loose - not sure which. I dont know shower pieces very well so im not sure how this is supposed to be attached back onto the wall. It is just this one piece on the bottom, you can see in the pictures that the top piece is still attached to the wall. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Attached Images      
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-17, 05:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
In your bottom picture is the lower wall mount bracket. The "pin" on the wall goes into that small hole and there should be a setscrew on the side by your ring finger,

Here's the problem.... the part I'm calling a pin is rusted pretty bad. We can see it in the picture but cannot tell how it's fastened in the tile wall. There should be a nylon or plastic molly in the tile and that pin should screw into it. I would take a pair of pliers and try to unscrew it out of the wall. It should turn counterclockwise.

Now... a replacement would need to be located. Not sure if the home improvement stores would have it. If you brought that lower bracket with you they should be able to help you. A plumbing supply may be even more helpful.

If it won't turn.... there may be enough left to fasten the lower bracket back on to.

Another thought.... what I'm calling a pin may actually be a screw. There may be a removable cap on the front of that lower wall bracket. The screw head would be visible behind the cap.

Attached Images  
Old 09-19-17, 07:27 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ah ok thanks for the response - i tested the pin in the wall and it seems pretty secure still but will double check it and the bracket to confirm that it is a pin vs a screw. Thanks for the help!

any suggestions on how to keep that pin from rusting in the future if i end up needing to replace it? seems like it rusted pretty fast

Old 09-19-17, 11:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
If it's still usable..... when reinstalling the bottom mount.... use clear silicone to seal the back of the mount to the tile.