Sizing Pipes For Remodel

Old 09-24-17, 03:07 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sizing Pipes For Remodel

I am remodeling my master shower (48x34). I would like to put in a rain shower, a main shower, a hand spray (or combined main/hand spray) and 4/6 body sprays. We have the biggest residential tankless hot water system you can buy in the basement and the shower is on the 2nd level. We have a well system with pressure set between 60 and 80 psi. I have quite the water filtration system that includes a contact tank, an iron filter, a charcoal filter and a water softener - all heavy duty but I'm sure this impacts my pressure. The pressure out of our shower head isn't that good - could be the shower head as the pressure out of the garden hose is perfect and that is water after the filtration system.

Anyway that was just a little background. I want to put in the best possible system since I am doing everything myself. I want to maximize the pressure and I'm not worried about amount of water used - although I do understand I am limited to a 2 inch drain. I'm thinking I need to run the entire 3/4 inch pipe (not far away) into my shower and have 3/4 inch piping all they way to the diverter which will then deliver 1/2 to each outlet.

Anyone see any problems with this or have concerns? I am having a hard time finding a complete system with my required specs. I may have to piece meal this together the best I can. Comments/tips welcome.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-17, 03:43 PM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It sounds like you are almost in heaven. When I was building something similar but not as elaborate, I used Hand Grohe plumbing products & E L Mustee for the surround.

Old 09-25-17, 02:02 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
There would be no problem running 3/4" to the mixer. There are mixers available with 3/4" inlets, in case you're still shopping.

Old 09-26-17, 08:37 AM
D
Thanks. Due to a lack of space what I really want is a 3/4 mixer and 4 1/2 outlets all combined into one setup. I can't seem to find one. The 1/2 output would need to feed off a 3/4 output from the mixer as well. Why don't these exist?

Old 09-26-17, 06:17 PM
S
3 heads plus 4 body sprays off 1 diverter valve is surely overloaded. I would suggest maybe 3 heads on 1 mixing valve and diverter and the 4 body sprays on their own mixing valve. I know it adds to the cost but a diverter valve may only put out 5 gpms at best(atleast the delta brand). Body sprays are usually 1 or 2gpm a piece.

Old 09-27-17, 06:45 AM
D
Yep good point. I have decided to nix the diverter value. Going with one mixer with every outlet having it's own volume control - all feeding from a 3/4 inch loop for pressure stability.