New Kohler Toilet Leaking

Old 09-30-17, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Kohler Toilet Leaking

Hey guys I'm back - thanks again for the help in my other thread with relocating plumbing. Now for a new issue to tackle...

Installed a brand new Kohler Persuade toilet last week only for it to start leaking. Toilets are simple enough mechanisms of course, but it doesn't help when it is skirted to diagnose problems. I like the look of it, but man it is a pain to work on.

Anyhoo on my to my issue - it seems to have a slow leak from the tank assembly making its way eventually down to the floor. It doesn't run at all as far as we can tell so not sure if the leak comes from the flush cycle or not. We just got home from a few days of vacation and it was bone dry (on the floor) after leaving a few inches of water in the tank and having flushed it after shutting the water off. So perhaps it isn't the tank bolts unless it would require more water/volume to push the water out.

I plan to reach out to Kohler on Monday but wanted to see if anyone has had issues with this toilet. I'm going to take it apart again this afternoon and see if I can diagnose again. Last time I took it apart before vacation there were definite drops of water on at least one tank bolt. The instructions say to use the metal washers that come with it on top of the rubber ones (I know there are threads saying don't use the metal ones) so I might try it without. Considering plumbers putty too on the bolts.

Also it came with two slightly cylindrical rubber washers there not mentioned anywhere in the instructions at all. Wondering if they could go between the tank and bowl? And all this after it came with missing parts and even a bolt that wasn't cut properly - but that's another story.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-17, 07:28 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
After I called Kohler I got it sorted it seems so far so good. If anyone purchases one of these you use the convex style rubber washers that come with it, not the flat rubber ones. Still not sure why they include both but there ya go.