Hurricane Harvey flood and shower floor

Old 10-05-17, 11:36 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hurricane Harvey flood and shower floor

We were unfortunately flooded by hurricane Harvey, with 20" at the peak in the house. But we were fortunate enough that the water was not in the house more than about 15 hours.

Our shower was installed with the mortar (?) base and rubberized skirt by the plumber. Then the tile installers put the upper mortar(?) layer and tile, with an expoy based grout. The rubberized skirt was properly placed under the drain ring as I've seen in many videos. The walls are the concrete board with the waterproofing over that and then the tile and expoy based grout.

We did take out one row of the vertically laid 12"x24" tiles on the walls to remove all the insulation and run the fans for several weeks.

The question is, do we need to worry about either of the mortar levels? It's been almost seven weeks and we do not see any cracking of the grout or tile.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-17, 04:38 PM
Received 371 Votes on 346 Posts
Water itself would not effect the tile/grout/mortar, that is what it sees all the time, but if the wood got wet and warped and cracked something then that would be an issue. If your seeing no cracks I dont see any reason to take any more down!

Old 10-05-17, 06:23 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the reply, Marq. I hoped that was the answer.