Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Delta Porter 3 piece faucet - Can't find ALLEN key for the set screw on the fau

ME

10-12-17, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)  
Delta Porter 3 piece faucet - Can't find ALLEN key for the set screw on the fau

This is really teeing me off since the instructions don't even mention the size that I need for the set screw on the bottom of the Delta Porter faucet after paying $150 for it. It just says "you may need an allen wrench", what a joke!

I tried the large and bigger in my set and none of them work! I even had another set and still can't find the size! You think for $150 they could include the proper allen key?? So now I've gotta wait till tomorrow to go to HD and buy another tool!

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NJ

10-12-17, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)  
Can't help you much without the model number of the faucet.
I would think that everything necessary to install it was with it.

~ Pete ~

Group Moderator

TX

10-12-17, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)  
Did you try metric? Your sets may be SAE.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Group Moderator

NJ

10-12-17, 10:40 PM   #4 (permalink)  
It looks like the allen key is only needed to remove the handle. You don't need to remove the handles to install the valves. Don't they get held down with nuts/plates from the bottom ?

home depot/delta/catalog/.pdf

Name:  delta.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  57.1 KB

Name:  delta plate.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  25.9 KB

~ Pete ~

ME

10-13-17, 05:30 AM   #5 (permalink)  
Hmmm, so it's a screwdriver , but I still can't find out what bit it is. I might have to go to HD to check with them.

Forum Topic Moderator

NC

10-13-17, 06:10 AM   #6 (permalink)  
If's a Allen wench usually between 1/16 and 3/16

Forum Topic Moderator

CAL

10-13-17, 10:28 AM   #7 (permalink)  
for the set screw on the bottom
Are you even talking about the handles? That's the only part that uses a hex screw.

If you are trying to tighten the valves from underneath, all you need is a Philips screwdriver, after threading on the brass rings.

Brian

California Licensed Contractor

ME

10-13-17, 01:13 PM   #8 (permalink)  
Guys these were the SET SCREWS that lock the bracket in place against the washer underneath after you hand tighten the brackets. I went to a local hardware and got a 3/32 hex that was like a T tool that would be easier to work with in the upper back of the under sink instead of using a tiny hex wrench.

It was a HEX wrench underneath though. There of course are also hex screws on each of the sides of the faucets up top also, which I didn't have to touch. All done and works great and no leaks!!

Thanks all!

Forum Topic Moderator

CAL

10-13-17, 05:45 PM   #9 (permalink)  
Thanks for the info.... I cannot believe that Delta changed the bottom screws to hex. That is just a real bad idea, they had it perfected and screwed it up.

I've always looked at them as one of the best and easiest to install.

Super Moderator

AZ

10-14-17, 12:43 AM   #10 (permalink)  
I'd have probably just replaced them if I had to go buy a new allen wrench. Now if it had been something like a cordless trim router that I needed...that would be different. "Honey I can't believe they changed this and I need to buy another tool...ahhh jeez!"

Vic
"I sometimes wonder how some people ever made it to adulthood..."

Search this Thread