Unused broken toilet suddenly making running water noise

Old 10-16-17, 10:39 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unused broken toilet suddenly making running water noise

https://youtu.be/MKX6HcyC1Ls

I don't know how toilet plumbing works so I've not a clue. Pls tell me its normal, even tho ive never heard it make any noise before.

Is it something behind the wall? No water is being moved in the tank nor the bowl so thats where my knowledge stops.

I never use it as it leaks from under the tank, I guess from whatever gasket is between the tank and bowl/base/whatever you call it.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-17, 10:57 AM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Pull upwards on the blue float &/or shut the supply valve. Does the noise stop, if you do either one of those things? Do you see any water entering the overflow tube? Is it a first or second floor bathroom? Is there access from below?

Old 10-16-17, 11:06 AM
J
Thank you. Nothing happens to it when flushed. Just leaks but I'm unable to close the valve as I just keeps turning. They all seem to do that! Cheap. So I gotta replace that one. But first what is this noise? What kind of traveling could be going on? Must be of small amounts of water maybe? I'm sure if I turn it off ah the house it will stop but that won't tell us anything right? Or might it it not stop for some reason?

Lol, as long as I hear it I think of this month's water bill, that it could be racking up penny's or nickels... must've quarters a minute as I write this. What's next?

Old 10-16-17, 11:16 AM
J
Wait a sec, I bet it's the hose outside. As soon as it stops raining ill check it out. Lol

Old 10-16-17, 11:28 AM
F
Received 35 Votes on 27 Posts
... I'm unable to close the valve as I just keeps turning. They all seem to do that!

If this valve is the type I am imagining then you have to push or pull on the knob to open and close it. If I am correct then YOU are correct when you call them cheap.