Toilet drain slow

Old 11-01-17, 04:41 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet drain slow

It was flushing fine until I flushed a muffin wrapper and some other small kitchen waste down.
I used a plumbing snake and plunger to clean the toilet u-trap already, I even took out the toilet to make sure the u-trap and drain line is clear. But it is still flushing slow, it's like the water just don't want to go through the u-trap, what to do?

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-17, 05:02 AM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Muffin wrappers don't dissolve. Try a wet vac to suck it out of the pipe or open the clean out if you can access it.

Old 11-01-17, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 52 Posts
Try a auger......

Old 11-01-17, 08:00 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 629 Votes on 581 Posts
Fish around in the trap of the toilet with your snake or a coat hanger with a hook bent into the end. It is possible that something is trapped in the top portion of the trap that is not visible.

I hope this has taught you a lesson not to flush garbage down the toilet. They are designed for poop and toilet paper only. Anything else and you risk a clog. And I really hope you do not have a septic system as items like that can cause problems that get very expensive to fix.

Old 11-01-17, 02:56 PM
B
Fish around in the trap of the toilet with your snake or a coat hanger with a hook bent into the end. It is possible that something is trapped in the top portion of the trap that is not visible.
From the symptom do u think it's extremely likely that something is stuck in the trap? Toilet is taken out, the waste line is clean and clear, but water still isn't going through the trap. I'm not doubting u but I just want to make sure.

Old 11-01-17, 04:00 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 629 Votes on 581 Posts
I have seen it several times in my rental house. In many toilets to trap wider in the middle and can trap items. It's not an issue with things that should go down a toilet. Poo and toilet paper break apart readily in water so it's just much and corn kernels which can flow through easily. Things that shouldn't go down toilets like toy cars, Barbie's and plastic or paper food wrapper retain their strength and integrity when wet and can form a clog.

Worst are toy rubber/plastic balls. The child shoves it into a toilet and it gets stuck in the trap. When you pour water in the toilet slowly the water can flow around the ball but when you flush the surge of water forces the ball against the outlet end of the toilet trap where it forms a seal. And to be even more difficult a ball allows a toilet auger or snake to pass by the ball so you would think there is nothing in there.