Replacing an old garbage disposal

Old 11-27-17, 04:44 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacing an old garbage disposal

I had an ISE Badger that stopped functioning so I purchased Waste King to replace it. My sink has a welded on flange so I needed to purchase an adapter to install the new disposal.

As a result of adding the adapter, the disposal now sits lower than the original badger. Reading around the internet, it seems like this will not work if the outlet of the disposal is lower than the waste water outlet in the wall, but I want to confirm if that's true, because I have also read that there are so ways to run the pipe in such a way that my configuration should work.

Old 11-27-17, 06:45 PM
The short answer is that it's not going to work. I would purchase a ISE Badger 5, about $100.00
For a little more than 200 you can get an ISE Compact Evolution series and probably never change the disposer again. The evolution is stainless interior, quiet and little vibration.
I do not like waste king disposers, to me I consider them non-standard and a pain

A Kenmore or Mainline Grind Smart are the only other disposers I know of that will fit the ISE flange using no adapter.

Old 11-28-17, 09:28 AM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
I had an ISE Badger that stopped functioning so I purchased Waste King to replace it.

Bad move.

My sink has a welded on flange so I needed to purchase an adapter to install the new disposal.

I seriously doubt the ISE flange is welded on unless the original plumber was an idiot.

A Kenmore or Mainline Grind Smart are the only other disposers I know of that will fit the ISE flange using no adapter.

Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Dayton and Barracuda from Menard's will also fit the ISE flange because ISE makes all of these disposers and private labels them. Hands down, ISE makes the very best disposers on the market.

Old 11-28-17, 09:41 AM
I seriously doubt the ISE flange is welded on unless the original plumber was an idiot.
Just for info, I think the OP has a single drain hole sink with an integrated disposer mount. These are expensive sinks and only accept an ISE or compatible disposer.
The mounting ring is built into the sink so that no water will collect around the flange edges, every drop of water goes down the drain.
A luxury sink for sure and if I'm right, the sink deserves the best disposer.

Old 12-01-17, 06:29 PM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
I didn't mention Kenmore, but they are also manufactured by ISE and Mainline must be too (never heard of Mainline) if they fit the ISE flange.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: