Recent loss of water pressure

Old 06-03-18, 06:02 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Recent loss of water pressure

We've lived in this house for ten years and a couple of months ago replaced our water heater. Pressure wise, everything has been just fine all along. But a few days ago, the pressure in our shower dropped noticeably. We have a shower head as well as a handheld sprayer, and the pressure to both has dropped. That leads me to believe that it isn't just debris buildup in the shower head, correct?

What else could be causing something like this? I'm not a plumber by any stretch, but willing to tackle small jobs. Just trying to see if there's anything I should be checking or trying to replace before calling for help.

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-03-18, 08:08 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I would look for debris in both the shower head and handheld. Replacing the water heater may have stirred things up.

Old 06-04-18, 05:06 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 972 Votes on 893 Posts
Is this a shower only or shower and tub? If you also have a tub has the water flow diminished from the tub spout as well? Have any other fixtures in the house lost flow?

First remove your shower head and handheld and look for an inlet screen that may have gotten clogged. Next on my list would be to remove the faucet's cartridge and look for debris clogging it.

Just to play it safe remove the hoses feeding your clothes washer and dishwasher and clean their inlet filter screens.

Old 06-05-18, 07:31 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shower only, tub is completely separate. Will test that. I haven't noticed loss of pressure anywhere else tho.

you think hoses on washer or dishwasher could be impacting shower??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: