Why so hard to buy a new toilet? Plumbers Choice?

Old 06-20-18, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Why so hard to buy a new toilet? Plumbers Choice?

I wil spend around $500, want single piece. Best flush, cleans bowl, no skids, no problems with leaking (Champion 4). After reading reviews for hours, I can't fine ONE definitive model with these basic criteria.

I ordered a Cadet 3 and got it home and it has just a normal flapper. Nothing new there.

G

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-18, 08:33 PM
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
Toto Soirée® or Eco Guinevere. A little more money but very highly rated by my neighbor and the only plumber I fully trust as he actually tries out new toilets in his own home for several months before giving them his seal of approval.

Here is a link to his opinions on several different brands and models. https://terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm

Old 06-21-18, 05:21 AM
Group Moderator
Received 160 Votes on 150 Posts
A big thing limiting your choices are wanting a single piece. They are much more rare and expensive.

Personally I want a toilet with a normal flapper. They are no more likely to fail than other brand specific valves but the big difference is you can readily find replacement flappers at any home center or plumbing supplier. A different, proprietary valve system quite often means you are special ordering parts.