Old 11-08-18, 09:31 AM
multi showerhead with multi diverter....leak

Layout of shower
1 rain head
1 hand held
3 spray jets
1 single arm diverter to select between the above options
1 single arm hot / cold shut off valve

All installed by licensed plumber using Kohler factory direct pieces about 6 months ago, issue was noticed about 4 months ago

Issue: when using the rain head, there is water dripping out of the the hand held, and it appears the spray jets, when hand held is used water drips out of the rain head and spray jets .. same goes for spray jet primary use.
This is not residual water in the line slowly exiting. This occurs if only 1 output (rainhead, hand held or spray jet ) is used and the diverter is not used to switch between outputs.

Before I start opening her up what should i look for? I could check washers, etc.. but since this affects all fixtures, i'm fixing that there is an issue with the diverter valve.... Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-18, 05:33 PM
Group Moderator
It would appear to be a problem related to the diverter valve but since it's all new fixtures..... have you contacted the installing plumber ? Did he supply the parts ?

Old 11-08-18, 11:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Agree, issue is related to your 6 function diverter. While not familiar with Kohlers version, have installed dozens of Delta and Moen multi-function diverters. For those, it is relatively straight forward to remove the diverter valve for inspection. It is not a cartridge in the sense of an on/off diverter, it is merely a multi-port hole valve that diverts water to certain pipes depending on how it is aligned. The fact that it is not closing properly says either there is some junk caught up in the valve or possible an o-ring that has a flat spot on it. Something you could probably check out yourself if you are comfortable.

Send us the model number of your set up and we can check it out and further recommend.