Can't get bathroom sink pop-up to work properly

Old 11-19-18, 07:03 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can't get bathroom sink pop-up to work properly

New California Faucets equipment installed by contractor. Two kinds of difficulties:

1-It has sort of mid-range function where it isn't holding the water, but it doesn't drain easily. In that mode, I can pull the stopper out to clean it.
2-Holds water and drains easily, but I can't remove the stopper to clean it.

I had it so I could pull the stopper out, but today the GC's worker put it back somehow so I can no longer do that.

Cal Faucets says needs an "adjustment," but I can't seem to adjust it, and GC's worker seems to get it wrong.

Will be very grateful for guidance and suggestions.

Attached Images  
Old 11-19-18, 07:59 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,905 Upvotes on 1,711 Posts
When your stopper is removable (#1) gravity holds it in. You aren't going to get a good seal that way and it isn't the way it was designed to work.

#2 is the correct way it should be hooked up... you better just get used to the idea of not removing your stopper. Either that or get rid of it altogether and go back to the rubber plugs they had in the 50s and 60s.

Old 11-20-18, 04:21 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
With the "removable" set-up, you just push it down with your hand to get a good deal. Then pop it up to drain the sink.

Old 11-21-18, 11:22 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The v-clip should be on both sides of the vertical link. You could try bending the vertical link so it's close to the drain. That might give it a little more lift.

Or you could replace the entire PO with a grid strainer and rubber stopper if you don't need to fill the sink very often.

Old 11-21-18, 03:45 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
You need to set your stopper to the extreme, either extreme up or extreme down. the spring clip needs to be set. So, set your pull lever to either up or down, then adjust your underneath linkage and then apply the spring clip. Then tighten down the nut on the pull lever to solidify its position in the mix.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: